New Features in ViTre Mac version 6
This version of ViTre supports that you define your own pronunciations of words by means of phonetics. Also, this version includes some minor improvements and bug fixes.
See also document New features in ViTre version 5.
Full documentation of ViTre can be found in the User’s Guide.
You may define the pronunciation of a word by using phonetics. Often, it will allow for a more accurate pronunciation than by defining the pronunciation using text.
You open the phonetics dialog by clicking the Phoneme button
Then the phonetics editor opens:
In the dialog, you add phonetic symbols by clicking on them. You edit the phonetics by means of the arrow buttons and the Delete button. You may undo and redo editing actions by means of the round arrow symbols.
Please note that adding pronunciation only works for Acapela voices as indicated in the top of the dialog.
· The play button and the check box Read mouse selection automatically now work in applications that do not support accessibility, do not support scripting and do not support services (applies for example for Acrobat Reader).
· ViTre now supports the new MacOS ‘Dark Mode’.
· ViTre does no longer close after import of a dictionary.
· The service “ViTre – Add Word to Dictionary” is now only active when a single word is selected.
· Word suggestion has been improved in the cases where a mis-spelled word starts with a capital letter.
· Word insertion was in some cases wrong when the word contained joker signs. It has been corrected.
· Reading with highlight has been improved in Safari, e.g. concerning reading in boxes and in lists.